On Saturday, 29th September the youth of Vision Tabernacle went on a trip to the Seaview Lion Park. Although it was very windy, a good time was had by all. While some sang songs, others went for a walk on the boardwalk to see the animals in the sanctuary. This is where they found the white lions and tiger cubs. Also seen here were the leopards, Ella and Louis; Charlie the crocodile, Shadow the black leopard, Galia and MacCormick the servals, and of course we can’t forget Mube, the bush pig. There were other animals too, like the meerkats and a beautiful peacock that was roaming around.
After a snack we all went to the big lion and tiger enclosures. This is where the big boys are kept. And big they are. We were fortunate enough to have the lions right by the fence so we could get a good look at them.
We also got a good look at some giraffe and zebra that were close by. What beautiful animals our God had created.
Now, in the beginning when God come down in the evening and talked to the Adam and Eve in the cool of the day, and His great voice whispered to them… And they had fellowship, love one another. How the moving of the Spirit went through the bushes. The lions come up, the tigers, all of them, and they worshipped the Lord. Man was conscious at all times, that His Presence was with him. FELLOWSHIP BY REDEMPTION, Jeffersonville, 55-0304
I’ve often thought that Adam out in the garden of Eden, knowing no sin, or Eve his wife, beautiful, standing in the garden… And then Leo the lion would come up, and here comes the tiger, the great beast of the–of the fields come up into this cathedral, kneeling on their knees, and they… Even–even the beasts didn’t have any killing about them, they… There was not no death nowhere. The devil’s what makes wild animals wants to hurt you. And if you can produce in your heart the right kind of a love towards the most horrible beast there is in the woods or the desert, that beast won’t harm you. That’s right. I know it by experience. But you can’t pretend it. He knows whether you do or not. There’s something about him that he knows it. But if you’re really not afraid, I’ve never seen anything that would hurt you, no matter, a lion, whatever it might be, he will walk away from you. But if you run, or act like you’re scared, or something, then you’ll get killed. So you can’t just make it up; you got to really know it in your heart that you’re not afraid. THE WAY TO HAVE FELLOWSHIP, Chicago, 55-0910
The lion is used a lot in various scriptures in the Bible. They can be symbolised as:
- Majestic – Proverbs 30:30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;
- Fierce – Amos 3:8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy?
- Stealthy – Job 10:16 For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.
- Mean when hungry – Psalms 17:12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
The lion is also used in stories in the Bible. A lot of them are very popular and taught in Sunday schools.
- Samson killed a lion – Judges 14:5-6 Then went Samson down, and his father and his mother, to Timnath, and came to the vineyards of Timnath: and, behold, a young lion roared against him. And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.
- David killed a lion – 1 Samuel 17:34-35 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
- A lion killed a prophet – 1 Kings 13:24 And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcase was cast in the way, and the ass stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcase.
- Settlers in Samaria killed by lions- 2 Kings 17:25-26 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the Lord: therefore the Lord sent lions among them, which slew some of them. Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.
- Daniel in the lion’s den – Daniel 6:16-24 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee. And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel. Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought before him: and his sleep went from him. Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions. And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions? Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever. My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt. Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God. And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den.
I can’t wait to get to the other side to be able to play with these majestic animals. Won’t it be glorious? Glory to God.
Enjoy the photos.